"We are God's children, and if we Ever got that through our heads thouroughly and understood that competely, we would never do a small thing, we would never say a cross word. We would not use bad language. We would not criticize anybody. We would love everyone the way the Savior loves us."

-Marjorie Pay HInckley-

Monday, March 29, 2010

Pre-Mission Conference!!!

Last night I went to a Pre-Mission Conference and I loved it so much! As I walked in I was givin an envelope w/ my call in it...I was so excited and nervous...it wasn't even a real call but I was pretendin that it was. I opened it and I was called to the Chinese speakin mission. I was excited. I wrote Sister Winterton on my mission tag and proudly put it on. It just felt so natural to have it on. I loved it so much. We did an opening, we had a musical number that was so amazin, prayer and then they told us how the night would work. My first work shop was called Member Involvement. It was taught by the full time missionaries that work w/ the College wards. It was so great because they had Kyle Fink come in who was baptized about a month and a half ago. She was there to answer questions and things on how members helped her. They were tellin us that we have responsibilities as members of the church which are:
WORKING WITH THE MEMBERS:
Finding:
They have Non-Member Friends
Gain Trust
Be Examples
Teaching:
Experiences
Testimony
Retention:
Friends in the ward
Trust:
WORK-DO IT!!!
Contact
Tract
Share the gospel w/ members
Spirit
Invite:
INVITE-EXCITEMENT!!!!
As missionaries sometimes we have to knock on doors in order to find investigators and we need to get the wards/members excited and once they are excited then missionary work will continue. As members we need to find investigators for the missionaries to make their job easier and if the members find people to teach its better because then they will have support and fellow ship. Missionaries are in an area up to about 6 months and can't continue to help the new member active. A member will most likely live in an area the rest of their lives. Its up to us as member missionaries to help the Full time missionaries. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

The next work shop was on Conversion Process. They had a man come in that was not always a member and he told us his conversion story. He started out as a devout Catholic then not believin in God and then he married and LDS woman. It took him 6 yrs to become a member. He would let the Elders talk to him but then would ask questions they had to look up and then he never saw them again...he knew this would happen and he loved sendin then on wild goose chases.LOL. He then told us some Sisters showed up and he tried the same thing w/ them and they always returned w/ the answers in the scriptures as well as from the apostles. Because of these wonderful Sisters he joined the church. The help of his wife, and supporting 2 step sons on a mission helped his testimony of the church. its amazing to me how things work when its time and in the Lords time. He sang us a song he wrote for his wife one Christmas. This song is called "I finally found the one" he said that he finally found the one...his wife but also he found Christ. It was such a great and heart warming song and his testimony was amazing. I love this gospel. He said something that touched to so much "We can not change anyone but we can help them find them selves" -Dr. Tom Sullivan-
It was so cool and touched me. I believe that we can not make a person join the church but help plant that seed and help them find out who they are and who they can become. It was an amazin testimony.
Some one asked an question on how we as missionaries could introduce the gospel to investigators and he told us "Share testimony and then listen to them and really listen to them"
I loved this because we can't just teach and then hope they get it, we need to let them know how strongly we believe in the gospel and then let them talk to us and let them tell us how they feel.

It was such a great conference. The last work shop I went to was called Game ON! 3 Return Missionaries taught it and explained to us what a missionary did on a daily basis. They would let us ask questions and they each would answer w/ the experiences that they had. I loved some things that they said
"Never get discouraged" -Cheston Thatcher-
"The Spirit will come if you are ready and willing" -Sean Crockett-
They gave really good advice about nasty foods...."tell your self that you like it and you will like it" -All 3 boys-
They told us to Prepare Spiritually, Pray, Read Scriptures, and Build a testimony. As we do these things out Testimony will be stronger.

IDK if I have a favorite work shop because they all were so amazing. Im getting so EXCITED for the day that I am able to open my Mission call and when I can actually can go out and serve the people and the Lord!

No comments: