"We are God's children, and if we Ever got that through our heads thouroughly and understood that competely, we would never do a small thing, we would never say a cross word. We would not use bad language. We would not criticize anybody. We would love everyone the way the Savior loves us."

-Marjorie Pay HInckley-

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I was on my way home from Yuma on Sunday and I was thinkin about things and I was thinkin about how I have been so blessed w/ a great family. All of the sudden words to a poem came to me.

FAMILY

A Family is a mom and a dad who loves you so much that they would do anything and sacrifice everything for you.
A Family is brothers and sisters to fight w/, to talk to, to love each other.
A Family is loving grandparents who spoil you w/ ice cream and treats.
A Family is aunts and uncles who support you in everything you do, they help in anyway they can to make life possible.
A Family are people who love you w/ unconditional love.
A Family is not necessarily two parents and lots of kids, its anyone who will love you and take care of you.
A Family is love and sacrifice.
A Family is something Heavenly Father blesses you w/.
A Family is a wonderful blessin I have been given in my life.
A Family is love and sacrifice.
A Family is havin good times and makin memories together.
A Family is helpin each other out and sharin your love w/ them.
A Family is a support system full of love.
A Family is always there for you no matter what, they will always love you.
A Family sacrifices so much for you to give you a good life and make it a lil easier.
A Family laughs together.
A Family sings and goofs around to make other family members smile and laugh.
A Family who prays together stays together.
A Family talks to one another and enjoys time together.
A Family is not perfect.
A Family is FOREVER.
A Family is full of love and sacrifice.

2 comments:

Lisa Love said...

I love your poems Stacie. I'm not a poet. I've tried but it just doesn't happen for me. I love how they just come to you. Your poem about family is a real tribute to your family - especially your parents for they are your inspiration.

Keep up the good work!

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Thanks Lisa. I love to write and when it comes it comes and i will wright it down or make a few text messages til all my thoughts are down. then i will go back and type them later. I don't consider me a poet either. Im just inspired and put on paper what comes to my heart. Yes my family is so great and my parents are my inspiration for sure. Thanks :)