"We are God's children, and if we Ever got that through our heads thouroughly and understood that competely, we would never do a small thing, we would never say a cross word. We would not use bad language. We would not criticize anybody. We would love everyone the way the Savior loves us."

-Marjorie Pay HInckley-

Thursday, March 26, 2009

MY LIST

So every girl who has ever been in Young Womans has made a list or two or three. Well today in institute Brother Norton asked us if we had a list and if it changed or stayed the same from when we were younger to now. Well mine has definitely changed from when I was 12. I don't know if I even have those lists that I made but its ok. So I'm going to make another one for myself for NOW!!

What I'm looking for in a Husband!

1)Loves the Lord more than anything and everything
2)Holds and Honors the Priesthood
3)RM/Served a Honorable Mission/Loved his mission
4)Loves and treats his mom like a queen and w/ respect, because I know that if he does this then I know that he will treat me the same way!
5)Loves Me for who I am
6)Loves children
7)Caring/Loving
8)Can make me laugh
9)Spiritually/Physically Attractive
10)Willing to work hard and provide for a Family
11)Is my BEST friend
12)Has a good sense of humor
13)A Testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ
14)Someone that I can talk to about everything and anything possible to talk about
15)Be a good father to our children
16)A good EXAMPLE to everyone around him
17)Someone who will sing to me, even if he doesn't see well at all
18)Someone I can feel safe with always
19)Ambitious: Willing to get a career. Knows what he wants and will do what ever it takes to get there.
20)Serves in church callings and willing to do them
21)LOVES to SMILE and make me SMILE
22)Honest
23)Someone willing to put up w/ me and my weaknesses
24)Will be by my side always!!
25)Spend ETERNITY w/


I thought about this list a lot. Sitting in class made me think about what I really and truly want in a husband. These are a few of many. I know that if I want these things in a husband then I need to live up to these standards as well. I know it may seem silly to have a list because I sure did when I was younger and didn't take it too seriously but I know that it is important to know what I want before it comes. I know that I need to be prepared before it happens and that it will happen in the Lord's time. I learned today that I need to be Faithfully Patient and he will come! So if you don't have a list then I encourage you to make one. It really does help to put an Eternal Perspective on things.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Your list is awesome Stac!!! I keep mine in my scriptures and it is fun to think back on what our old lists were like:) I can't wait to meet your future husband..just remember he has to pass with me first...I love you girl!

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Thanks Jen! Love you too!

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Yay for lists! And yay for men! And yay for men who meet the criteria on the list!

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

YAY!!!